Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oh Crap My Mother-In-Law is a GHOST!!!



I was trying to decide which story to share next on my blog and I think one of the funniest for me is the following story.  It wasn’t that funny at the time, quite annoying actually but it all turned out in the end!

My mother-in-law had been suffering with cancer for a few years, and when the time came my father-in-law put her in a hospice.  It was a wonderful place, the people there are truly angels on earth!  The one thing I have not mentioned is that my mother-in-law was not one of my biggest fans, she was civil to me and we had our good moments but there was always an underlying knowledge that she did not like me..or that I was just not good enough for her son.  You know the typical mother-in-law thing!  She was in the hospice for approximately 4 days when we received a call from my father-in-law saying that my husband had to come, she was slipping away.

My in-laws are not religious in anyway, not sentimental either…strong Scots.  Between my father-in-law and sister-in-law they decided to have a family service at her beside, (about an hour after she died) then have her cremated the next day and then a month or so later have a celebration of her life.

When we arrived at the hospice for the service and walked into her room I saw her standing on the other side of the room, she was a ghost, she hadn’t crossed over…I kept my eyes down and tried to not make any eye contact.  The minister came in and started the service.  My mother-in-law then proceeded to walk around and stand in front of her daughter, then her husband …. I’m still trying my best not to look at her … then she comes up to my husband … she just stood there staring at him almost nose to nose …. I couldn’t help myself, I MADE EYE CONTACT!!! 

It was like something out of a horror film – or at least it was for me!  She slowly turned her head and realized that I could see her.  She started freaking out at me, how dare I and how dare I not tell her that I could see and talk to ghosts/spirits (I just laughed at that, visualizing sitting them down and telling these Atheists that I “see dead people, YUP).  Remember…. that the nice lovely service is going on around me, she is FREAKING out at me and I’m trying to look calm, SAD and normal.   As soon as the service was over I couldn’t get out of there quick enough to tell my husband.  My mother-in-law stayed behind with her husband and I thought maybe just maybe, she’ll cross over as I saw her Mum and Dad standing next to her bed waiting to take her across.

NOT!!!!  I wasn’t going to get off that quickly or easily when it came to her.  She stuck around for months, she’d show up in my friend’s cars, she’d fry our tv, she’d turn lights on and off, she’d show up at my meditations and bug everyone in the room.  We had some wicked fights (nothing like arguing with your dead mother in law) and during all this I tried everything in my power to cross her over, my mentor/teacher tried, we even spent a whole evening with our circle trying to cross her over…this woman was going nowhere other then MY house.  By what she told me was she was trying to mend her ways with my husband, trying to help him.  My husband tried talking to her, even though he doesn’t have the gift of seeing her.  Nothing worked. 

Then one evening I was meditating and I asked my guides to please find someone who could help this woman – and US have peace.  I finished my meditation and walked into my bedroom, and there she was…happy times!  And all of a sudden in walks another man, very funny, really nice and with a strong Scottish accent.  He told me he was “Frank”, she seemed really happy to see him, they talked for a brief moment and then he took her across.  I was SHOCKED!  Who was this man?  I called everyone I knew on the other side, family members, friends yet in walks Frank and she goes!!!  If I knew this Frank guy could of done this so easily I would of called him in months before!!!!

I called my husband and asked if he knew who Frank was and he explained to me that it sounds like his Great Uncle and that everyone LOVED this man, he was full of live and an all around great guy!  And that it would make complete sense that his mother would go with him as she really thought a lot of him!  As you can imagine after months of putting up with her antics I was not pleased with my husband for not telling me about good ol’ Uncle Frank!!

Finally some peace from my mother-in-law!!!  Trust me embrace your mother-in-law, ok embrace may be a strong word, but try your best to get along… because they may be pain in the butts when they are alive but dead they are 100% worse!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment